Saturday, August 15, 2020

 Making A Junk Journal

I have always wanted to make a junk journal but was a little intimidated by the process. Lately I have been watching a lot of talented ladies on YouTube making junk journals and they are really inspiring. I decided to jump in and try making a journal. I started it a few weeks ago. I made the cover and back out of an old piece of embroidered linen that has been in my closet for ages. I had to put some lace on the back because the embroidered design did not reach all the way around. The inside of the journal is lined with a piece of wallpaper from a sample book. I love the design. That was the least intimidating part of this process so far. What to put in the journal and how to decorate pages is a little bit challenging. Listening to the fabulous artists who make these journals on YouTube, I am learning there is no right or wrong way to make a journal - the key is to just do it. Don't overthink it. That's what trips me up. I tend to overthink things. I hope I can get out of my own way and go nuts with the glue stick collaging things. I did manage to make one collage page and that is as far as I have gotten with the project.



3 comments:

  1. Hi Colleen :) I've just been thinking of you !! I was so glad to see a post from you :) Your journal so far is beautiful. I'm an overthinker too. Leasy46 on YouTube, Alease, she shows alot of her journal pages. I love her style. She uses lots of ephemera and things about her family. I'll be looking forward to more posts from you as you complete pages in your journal. Take care and stay safe Colleen :) hugs to you my friend, Iris,SavedbyGrace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Iris - I think you are the only person who reads my blog :) I am so glad you do and always love your kind comments. I am hoping to get another two pages completed this weekend on the journal. I have watched Leasy46 but I don't think I have seen one of her journal videos, I will have to take a look. Thank you for the recommendation. Hugs back to you my friend. - Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Colleen, It will take a while for people to realize you're back :)

    I wish I had a blog or made videos, I'd certainly let everyone know. We'll have to think of a way to get the word out !! Hugs, Iris

    ReplyDelete