Sunday, September 22, 2013

Birthday Wishes

I made this card for a friend who is celebrating a birthday (a rather significant birthday!).  She is definitely not a day over 29 (again).  I wanted to make her a special card for the occasion. She likes pink so I made sure to incorporate plenty of shades of pink on this card.

I used the Pink Paislee London Market 6x6 paper pad (one of my favorite paper collections), some lace from Hobby Lobby, a pink grosgrain ribbon from Martha Stewart Crafts and die cut frame (I made this card about a month ago and cannot remember the die I used for that frame).  I also used the Spellbinders Decorative Labels 8 die to cut Papertrey Ink Sweet Blush card stock to back the frame.  I had to cut two of these frame backs and piece them together because one die cut was not wide enough to back the frame.  I don't think it shows where I did that.

The card base is cut from a piece of Rustic Cream card stock by Papertrey Ink.  The image in the frame is from a CD of ephemera that I purchased on ebay about 6 years ago.  If you do a search on ebay you can still find CDs of ephemera.  These images are such fun to print out and use on cards and projects.

On the inside of the card I cut a Spellbinders Classic Rectangle out of Papertrey Ink Sweet Blush card stock and used the rest of the Spellbinders Decorative Labels 8 piece to give a decorative edge to the rectangle.  I stamped a happy birthday sentiment and added a bling flourish to complete the card.

The card measures 4.25 x 5.5 inches and is a side fold card.
Thanks for visiting my blog!

1 comment:

  1. Very cute project... Love your grand mother's name... us Loretta's are good folks :-)

    ReplyDelete