Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Everything In Its Place


I love going thrift shopping and frequently stop into my local Goodwill store to see what treasures I might find.  Loretta taught me a love of thrift shopping and re-purposing vintage items.  One of my favorite things to look for in thrift shops is old silver plate.  You can often find items from vintage tea sets - old tea pots, creamers, sugar bowls, etc.  You can use these items to hold things like buttons, pens and pencils or other craft and sewing supplies.

I like to use the creamers to make pin cushions.  Here is one I made about three years ago.  I use it to hold the stick pins I have been making lately.  Isn't it nice when you have a place for everything and everything is in its place!  This is such a nice way to store and display the stick pins.  I love looking at it.

Next time you see a vintage item like this creamer at the thrift shop - don't pass it by.   Give it a new home and see what you can do with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment