Wednesday, November 14, 2012
My first attempt at making the drawer was an abysmal failure. I used the Sizzix Box, Candy Drawer die (#657726) and some chipboard I purchased from Joann.com. I am not sure, but I think it must have been heavy weight chipboard. Anyway, my box was too bulky and the drawer would not slide in and out easily. You can see my first attempt in the photo on the left. I should have tested it first before I painted it since I can't use this version of the box.
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again (Loretta would always say this as well).
I did not want to use heavy weight card stock to make the drawers because that would not be sturdy enough to hold up to the repetition of the drawers being pulled out and pushed back in. I rummaged through my stash and found some light weight chipboard my husband brings home from work. This worked like a charm. The drawer easily slides in and out. Yeah! Success!
One box down, 11 to go! I will post a photo of the project once it is complete.