Monday, January 7, 2013

Valentine Fever


I usually do not make too many Valentine's cards, but for some reason I am really having fun making them this year.  Maybe it is all the wonderful colors especially the vibrant reds and soft pinks and maybe it is all of the Valentine ephemera I have stored on my computer which inspires card making.  Whatever it is, I have not yet escaped the urge to make more Valentine's cards.

Here are two that I made recently.   One uses an image of an old postcard that I really love. I especially love the blues used in this image.  I embossed the word "Love" on the tag on the basket.  The tag was blank and I thought it needed something.  I also used foil wrapping paper to cut out the hearts used on both these cards.  I purchased this wrapping paper at Hobby Lobby using a 40% off coupon (which brought the roll down to $3.84 - not bad!).

I also purchased some glitter wrapping paper from Michael's (Hobby Lobby does not carry the glitter paper). The foil paper embosses beautifully as you can see in the photo to the left.  I tried putting the glitter paper in an embossing folder to emboss it as well, but you can barely tell it is embossed so I abandoned that idea.The foil and glitter wrapping paper die cut well too.  Using these papers will save me a bit of money on purchasing specialty papers (the foil and glitter wrapping paper are obviously not as sturdy as card stock, but you can certainly die cut the shapes out of the wrapping paper, then die cut some chip board, glue the foil/glitter shape to the chipboard and you will have a sturdier embellishment).  There are all kinds of colors to choose from and I am slowly accumulating rolls of both these types of wrapping papers, using a coupon to make it more affordable.

Have a great week and thanks for visiting my blog!

Card 1 Materials:
Aqua Mist Card Stock by Papertrey Ink
Hawaiian Shores Card Stock by Papertrey Ink
Handmade Vellum Flowers
Recollections Flower (top left of card)
I Am Roses teal flowers (top left of card)
Happy Valentine's Day sentiment - Michael's Stamp

Card 2 Materials:
Papertrey Ink White Card Stock
K&Company Kelly Panacci Valentine Paper (2011)
My Favorite Things Insert It -InstaFrame die
Hearts cut from foil wrapping paper
Be Mine Sentiment by Papertrey Ink

No comments:

Post a Comment