Friday, January 25, 2013

A Belated Birthday Card


I usually try to be on time with birthday cards. My grandmother (Loretta) used to say the card should arrive ON THE DAY (the emphasis is hers) and that was that.  However, there are times when I have been a tad late with a birthday card and it is nice to put extra care into making a card which might make the recipient feel a little better about the birthday wishes sent even though they are tardy.

This is the card I made today on my YouTube channel (47cmc).  I started out trying to spray  a lattice pattern on a background paper using a mask, but gave up after creating a huge mess.  Instead of a masked background, I opted for patterned paper.  Much easier!


That's it. Pretty clean and simple. I usually don't gravitate toward purple, but I love the blue and purple color combination used on this card.

Have a wonderful weekend.
















The following supplies and materials were used on this card:




No comments:

Post a Comment