Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Spring Card.......


It's still cold outside and rainy today, but that did not stop me from wanting to create a card with a spring-like look.  I was anxious to use a new Spellbinders die (the Garden Weave die used on the top right corner of the card) and that gave me the starting point for creating this card.

This is a 5x5 inch card.  I used a Spellbinders' Grand Squares die to cut the card base.  I used another Spellbinders die - the large scalloped square die to cut a piece of ivory craft store felt and layered the three smallest dies from the Spellbinders Majestic Elements - Marvelous Squares die set over the scalloped square.  The bow is satin ribbon I had in my stash.

I made the large flower and the smaller flowers are from Michael's. The button on the bow is one of the resin buttons I created.

I glittered all the flowers (except for the two smaller coral flowers) and the Spellbinders Garden Weave die cut piece under the flowers.

The inside of the card is simple. I die cut another scalloped square out of patterned paper and a square out of Papertrey Ink Rustic Cream card stock, stamped a sentiment and wrapped ribbon on two corners of the card. That's it!

This card has lots of layers and will probably need to be sent in a package or hand delivered.







Materials:

Rustic Cream card stock by Papertrey Ink
Authentique Uncommon patterned paper
My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Market Street (small coral piece on the front of the card; scallop square on the interior of the card)
Papertrey Ink Birthday Bash Sentiments (sentiment on the front of the card)
Papertrey Ink Birthday Basics (sentiment on the interior of the card)
Spellbinders Grand Calibur Square die
Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Square
Spellbinders Classic Square
Spellbinders Majestic Elements Dies - Marvelous Squares
Spellbinders Die D-Lites - Garden Weave




































No comments:

Post a Comment