Friday, March 29, 2013

Cardlift Friday Card


This week's YouTube cardlift featured a design by Daniela Dobson in the April 2013 issue of Cards Magazine.  You can view the YouTube video HERE.  A list of supplies is provided at the end of the video and at the end of this post.

I loved the design of this card, but had a hard time finding a flower in my stash that would work with the card design.  I had one that was the right size, but the wrong color.  Another was the right color, but the wrong size.  It took some time to find something that would work and I finally settled on a silk flower that looked right.

I did not have any enamel dots so I took red, yellow and pink nail polish from the Dollar Tree and painted some flat back pearls to match my card.

This card was slow in coming together and while I was making it I was not sure I was going to like the end product, but I do like this card!

Thanks for visiting my blog.






Materials:

Papertrey Ink Rustic Cream card stock
Papertrey Ink Pure Poppy card stock
Papertrey Ink Sweet Blush card stock
October Afternoon 5 & Dime patterned paper
Papertrey Ink Double-Ended Banner die
My Favorite Things Insert It Insta Frame Dienamics die
Spellbinders Ironworks Accents Die
Flat Back Pearls
Assorted colors of nail polish
Silk Flower
Pink Brad from Hobby Lobby

No comments:

Post a Comment