Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Roses are Purple, Pink, Aqua, White, Yellow........and Red Of Course


I have been at it again making resin embellishments.  I am addicted to making these embellishments for my cards and projects.  I love the molds by First Impression Molds.  I buy these molds on Amazon.com.  They are a little pricey, but totally worth it. The quality of the molds is top notch and I love the designs.  I recently purchased Daisy molds (large and small) and a rose mold and have made lots and lots of resin roses and daisies.  I guess I am really looking forward to Spring and all the wonderful flowers this season brings.  If Mother Nature is not ready to provide the flowers, I will just have to make resin versions to tide me over until Spring!

I also purchased a Cameo mold from First Impression molds.  This is another favorite.  I am still getting the hang of the two step process of pouring resin (I pour just enough in to cover the Cameo image and wait until this layer of resin dries and then pour a darker color of resin for the background and let that dry).  It takes two days to complete with the drying time for each layer, but the results are worth the wait.

Materials:

First Impression Rose Mold
First Impression Daisy Mold (smaller)
First Impression Daisy Mold (larger)
First Impression Cameo Mold
Easy Cast Clear Casting Epoxy (available at Michael's and Hobby Lobby)

No comments:

Post a Comment